The deputy chairman Giovanni Caprino
Born in Rome on November 13, 1957. Graduated with honours in Naval and Mechanical Engineering from the University of Genoa. He is married and has a daughter.
He started his career in 1983 at CETENA as a researcher in the hydrodynamic sector. Over the years he has held increasingly broader roles in the hydrodynamics and Information Technology sector.
In 1990 he was elected a member of the Propulsor Committee, of the ITTC (International Towing Tank Conference) and later served on the ITTC Advisory Council.
In 2000 he was appointed manager of the Modeling and IT sector as head of design and research activities in hydrodynamics, virtual reality, ship simulation, ship software design, ergonomics and human factors.
At the same time, in the academic years 2002-2005, he taught at the University of Genoa as an adjunct professor and from 2006 to 2019 he held numerous courses at the Italian Academy of the Merchant Navy in Genoa.
He currently holds the following positions:
- Support from the President and CEO of CETENA
- Director-General of the Ligurian District of DLTM Marine Technologies
- Head of Quality Processes at CETENA
- Member of the Committee for the Safeguarding of Impartiality of RINA
- of the Committee for Safeguarding Impartiality of the IIS CERT (Italian Institute of Welding)
- Member of the Scientific Technical Committee of the MareFVG Technology Cluster